Privacy StatementThe McNeese Federal Credit Union restricts access to member’s personal information to only those individuals and/or agencies that need the confidential information to provide products and/or services to our members. The credit union maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard personal information. The McNeese Federal Credit Union does not sell or otherwise provide member names or other confidential information to non-affiliated third parties unless required by law.
The McNeese Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information consistent with state and federal laws and ensuring the accuracy of such information. The law requires our directors, committee members and employees to hold in confidence all member transactions and their personal affairs. We value your trust and want you to understand what information we collect, how we use it and with whom we share it.
Collection and use of personal information:
We obtain information about you from a variety of sources in order to administer your records and accounts, process your transactions, assist us in developing new products and services and fulfill any legal and regulatory requirements. These sources may include:
- Information we receive from you on applications, surveys and other forms (Examples: name, address, phone numbers, Social Security number, assets, liabilities, income, etc.)
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Information obtained from other sources to verify representations made by you
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Companies that provide us with an expanded line of products and services
- Companies that assist us in managing your accounts
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Other nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law
Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect your personal information.
Accuracy of Information:If you notice any inaccuracies in your statements, please call (337) 475-5344 for details on how to update your account information. We will promptly investigate and make any necessary changes to update your records. The McNeese Federal Credit Union has no obligation, liability or responsibility to respond, act upon, or follow any instructions that are received electronically, by e-mail or otherwise, unless we are able to authenticate the communication to our satisfaction. Accurate contact information is essential if we happen to detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity on your account and we need to contact you immediately.
Changes to Our Policy:
Safeguarding Your Privacy:
Members also have a responsibility to safeguard their financial information.
- Account numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords should be protected to prevent unauthorized account access if a debit card is lost or stolen.